Wednesday 10 April 2013

yesterday

Yesterday

This painting was inspired by the word yesterday.  The thoughts that come to mind when I think of this word are memories from the past.  I thought that I would try to demonstrate a scatter of memories that are streaming out of the figures mind.

y6 y5


Using acrylic on a smaller canvas board this time I created a figure of a aging man staring off at what maybe something that has triggered the thoughts of many yesterday.


y4
y3
y2


I thought that it would be interesting to use cut outs of buildings and other objects to create the stream of memories. I collected some interesting scraps of paper and pasted them on the canvas board. I painted over them lightly trying no to take away form the details of the clippings.


y

No comments:

Post a Comment